• Establishing DIMC was a translation of the late His Highness Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum’s vision.
• In 5th of May, 1988 the Dubai International Marine Club established to achieve the following objectives:
1- The promotion of the United Arab Emirates and the Emirate of Dubai as a tourist enjoying many advantages, especially picturesque coasts.
2- To do a historic role impressively towards the preservation of cultural heritage, as the lives of the people of UAE in the past largely been associated with the sea, which was a safe haven and a source of good and livelihood.
• Saeed Harib initially appointed as Executive Director of the club to oversee all development plans and actively promote the club, which evolved from year to year significantly.
• Dubai International Marine Club world-renowned with the beginning of the nineties when it became the first Arab and African club that obtain international membership of the Union International Motonautique (UIM).
• In 1994 the late His Highness Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai, issued a decree formally the Dubai International Marine Club, the government agency responsible for marine sports announced at the level of the Emirate of Dubai.
• His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum appointed in 2003 as a president of the club.
• DIMC occupies a prime location in Dubai Marina located on an area of 130 thousand feet.
• DIMC has a marina berthing more than 400 yachts from different sizes, a helipad, a Modern Sailing Club and a Department of Sports Affairs in addition to so many facilities utilized during big events hosted by DIMC such as Dubai Tour, Dubai International Boat Show, Continental Beach Soccer Championship and other events during the year.
• On 6th of November 2014, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai issued a decree to appoint Sheikh Mansoor bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum as president of the club.
• On 8th of September 2016, the club’s board of directors was restructured headed by Ahmed Saeed bin Meshar and the membership of Ali Nasser Belhabalah as vice chairman and the members Huraiz Al Murr bin Huraiz, Mohammed Abdullah Harib, Jamal Zaal bin Krishan, Adnan Ali Alabbar and Sultan Ibrahim Haddad.
• DIMC’s ISO certificates:
1- International Standards in Quality Management (ISO 9001: 2008)
2- Environmental Management System (ISO 14001: 2004)
3- Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OHSAS 18001: 2007)